FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)
Old Mar 9, 2015, 9:00 am
The Count

Any advice?

I'm booking a r/t flight using US Air miles to Asia, it's an Open Jaw. Essentially it's Orlando-Brisbane outbound and then Jakarta-Orlando return. I was able to book outbound no problem, when booking return CGK-HKG-DFW-MCO is the preferred routing and it's AA metal except for CX from Jakarta to Hong Kong. The problem the customer service person was running into is that the DFW-MCO leg is showing sold out. KVS has availability as does AA's Aadvantage booking portal in Saaver economy for both that segment and the larger hkg-mco routing, aa.com can't do ckg-mco as CX isn't integrated. As usair.com's portal is a bit wonky I can't come close to doing any type of one-way routing, but a hypothetical round trip dfw-mco with the outbound on the desired time shows economy low availability. So, what magic words do I need to say the customer service to enter into their computer to get on this segment? I'd prefer to not layover overnight at dfw. If anyone wants to dig deeper, 6/3/15 is the flight date. Thanks in advance