FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which pre-paid SIM card to buy?
View Single Post
Old Mar 9, 2015, 3:11 am
transpac
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's the procedure for regular True Move H sim at a retail outlet like 7-11?

Not sure I understand what you mean by "procedure"? But if that means, "How do I buy a SIM?" then go into any mobile shop/kiosk/convenience store, point at the SIM, give them money, put it in your phone, maybe add value (give them more money, or use a top-up machine), then subscribe to the mobile data plan and/or calling promotion that meets your requirements.

There are top-up machines - they look like telephones - in some/many/most/all BTS stations (ticketing level, land-side), and outside 7/11's, which are easy to use.

TrueMove H may not sell pre-paid SIMs in their shops, other than the airport, as they like to direct this low-volume activity to resellers. True shops handle cable TV, internet (DOCSIS/DSL), fixed line and mobile so a bit different than DTAC and AIS.

I've seen clerks in 7/11s helping customers insert SIMs, etc. Obviously if you can't wait then just queue up at the airport.

For any standard SIM (not a tourist SIM), it is pretty easy to maintain 12 months maximum expiry, in case you plan to return. Simply apply up to 12 individual top-ups at 12 baht each for 144 baht (120 baht of credit) and you get 365 days.