Old Mar 9, 15, 1:58 am
GeorgiaDawg93

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum 75, Marriott Platinum Elite
Thumbs down Munich Airport Marriott reducing breakfast options for elites

I just checked in to the Marriott Munchen Airport Hotel, Freising Germany. I've been here many times--all wonderful stays. I went downstairs to eat breakfast...always love the breakfasts here--especially the omelets. Very good. Well, I was politely informed that Marriott Rewards instructed them to now offer Golds/Platinums a continental breakfast only. The kind receptionist informed me that Marriott told them all hotels without a lounge are only to offer that. I was perplexed...I am a Platinum, and since I attained Lifetime Gold have switched many of my nights to SPG (where I'm closing in on Lifetime Platinum). So I clearly was not aware of this downgrade, directed at Marriott's most loyal members. And since the major devaluation given to Marriott Platinums by giving United Airlines top tier immediate Marriott Gold, I will admit I pulled back most of my business. How can a company sell out ITS most loyal patrons for those of another company? I don't get that. And now, with Marriott directing hotels to only give continental breakfast--why would anyone continue patronizing Marriott Hotels? I mean, there is no chance of a suite upgrade--ever. The main thing Marriott had going for them was the breakfast--and now that's gone?!! And to boot--there is no premium internet, with higher speeds for Platinums! My colleagues (all non-status) have the same internet I have...which is basically useless! For me, the writing is on the wall. I left HHonors back in 2005-6, for similar reasons. And sadly, Marriott is following directly in that path!