FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2015, 4:35 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by Icecat
8. This foreign airline enjoys 5th freedom rights with a flight between Los Angeles and Mexico City every Monday, Wednesday and Friday evening. Identify the airline and the aircraft.

By any chance would that be Japan Air Lines with a 747?

An interesting choice and yet I don't believe JAL ever flew into MEX out of a US gateway. For many years they operated a 747 out of Vancouver - a flight I always wanted to get on yet never quite could manage a workable combination of time and money.

But no - we're looking for a different airline and aircraft here...

19. This airline operated the only direct flight between Sioux Falls, S. Dakota and New York. First Class was available and the flight made three enroute stops. Identify the airline, the aircraft and the enroute stops.

Sure sounds like a Ozark DC-9 milk run to me. How about after leaving Sioux Falls, we decide to drop in to see the cousins in Waterloo, then hop over to watch the big yellow machines being built in Peoria, stop to see the sights in Washington DC (Dulles?) and then onto the Big Apple.

Good call, Icecat! It was OZ 908, a DC-9-30 operating along the routing you described. Truth be known, the flight originated in Sioux City but I figured it'd be a dead giveaway if I used that departure point. Anyway, here's the routing: SUX-FSD-ALO-PIA-IAD-LGA