FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Mar 8, 2015, 10:35 am
MDtR-Chicago
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Staybridge Suites San Diego - Sorrento Mesa (California, USA)

Staybridge Suites San Diego - Sorrento Mesa (California, USA)

What is your Priority Club status?

Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked STUDIO SUITE 1 QUEEN NONSMOKING - no upgrade offered and I didn't ask (late night arrival)
Received 500 point "welcome bonus" without asking

How are the rooms?
Good... a little bit of wear in the kitchen but everything functional. The floor under the HVAC unit was wet; not sure what was going on there before I arrived but since it was a nice evening I opened the window and let nature take care of the climate

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A... the breakfast area had some long, high tables with plug-in displays so that you could have business meetings at breakfast. Neat little touch.

What was good and what was bad?
Good:

- Quiet office park setting
- Strip mall next door had a ton of ethnic food outlets
- Lots of brightly-lit parking
- Business center "nook" next to the breakfast area was quiet enough to take a few calls in the afternoon after check-out
- All staff friendly/competent

Bad:
- Location is not really close to San Diego downtown and traffic can be ridiculous (almost an hour to get to the airport). If you have business in the nearby office parks it's a good choice, otherwise not great for tourism
- Really difficult to figure out exactly how to get in and out of the hotel parking... apparently the only way to get out is to drive around the side of the hotel on a local street and make a U-turn back around... and Google Maps directions will tell you to use a one-way alley between a car wash and a gas station to get IN to the parking

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
If I needed to be right in that area for business, sure.