FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]
Old Mar 7, 2015, 3:04 pm
cfischer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 50Kthehardway
Long time lurker, first time trouble-maker. I couldn’t find a similar post to this and it seemed odd enough to post so…

I booked a return of SIN-NRT-EWR-CLE for June 7 and requested upgrades using miles just after booking. Today I received confirmation that EWR-CLE cleared. To bask in the anticipatory joy of getting to have one last free drink when returning from vacation, I checked the website to see my seat assignment.

Instead, I had the red “schedule change” and my flights are now SIN-NRT-ORD-CLE on a 744 NRT-ORD (UA882) with no upgrade requested and SIN-NRT (UA804) changed to “R-Class Requested” from Upgrade Requested (read that thread). The outbound CLE-LAX-MEL has not changed.

I haven’t called yet - trying to do my homework.

1. Any ideas why they upgraded me on the last leg from EWR then switched to an itin through ORD (UA 78 NRT-EWR is still available)
2. Should I ask for my UA78 777 flight back (J9 R0) to have a better E+ experience or get my upgrade request on the UA882 744 NRT-ORD (J9 R0). UD would be cool….
3. Should I just skip this round, knowing several more schedule changes will be coming this far out?

Thanks for all of the helpful, empathizing and entertaining posts on FlyerTalk.

wait till Monday. R-class requested is the same as upgrade requested. Weekends are messed up and at times you will find that on Monday things are back to normal. Call and tell them what you want ... UA is usually pretty good with schedule changes.