FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]
Old Mar 7, 2015, 1:32 pm
50Kthehardway

Programs: UA:1K 0.81M
Itinerary changed after segment upgrade cleared on original

Long time lurker, first time trouble-maker. I couldn’t find a similar post to this and it seemed odd enough to post so…

I booked a return of SIN-NRT-EWR-CLE for June 7 and requested upgrades using miles just after booking. Today I received confirmation that EWR-CLE cleared. To bask in the anticipatory joy of getting to have one last free drink when returning from vacation, I checked the website to see my seat assignment.

Instead, I had the red “schedule change” and my flights are now SIN-NRT-ORD-CLE on a 744 NRT-ORD (UA882) with no upgrade requested and SIN-NRT (UA804) changed to “R-Class Requested” from Upgrade Requested (read that thread). The outbound CLE-LAX-MEL has not changed.

I haven’t called yet - trying to do my homework.

1. Any ideas why they upgraded me on the last leg from EWR then switched to an itin through ORD (UA 78 NRT-EWR is still available)
2. Should I ask for my UA78 777 flight back (J9 R0) to have a better E+ experience or get my upgrade request on the UA882 744 NRT-ORD (J9 R0). UD would be cool….
3. Should I just skip this round, knowing several more schedule changes will be coming this far out?

Thanks for all of the helpful, empathizing and entertaining posts on FlyerTalk.