FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lost My Upgrade and Confirmed Seat 25' prior to delayed departure
Old Mar 6, 2015, 7:57 pm
tom911
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by dclocation
When I arrived at the departure gate at T-25, the GA told me that I lost my upgrade and confirmed seat.
Complain, please. I frequently pick up my upgraded boarding pass in the Admiral's Club and show up at the gate after boarding has commenced, just like you did. Never a problem. Something is wrong with the system if the gate agent will not honor a boarding pass that has been properly issued for a seat in business class. When you write AA, ask them how it's possible for an upgraded passenger to be downgraded when you're at the gate in plenty of time. This should not have happened.

Originally Posted by FWAAA
There was something she could have done, and that's admit her mistake to the passenger she mistakenly upgraded and restore your upgraded seat to you.
Agree. The passenger should not be blamed for AA's issues, be they with a gate agent or technology, once they have a boarding pass in hand.

Originally Posted by Often1
The best practice during a delay is to confirm with the GA that it's OK to leave the gate.
The best practice during a delay is to look at your boarding pass that says "business class" and show up at the gate for the new boarding time. You should not have to jump through any other hoops. Why should a plane full of passengers have to all go up and check with the agent? Listen to the announcements made and just follow the instructions.

Last edited by JY1024; Mar 7, 2015 at 9:58 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts