FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reason for the delay was on UA3587 today (Fri 6th Mar)? Plus re-routing questions...
Old Mar 6, 2015, 7:22 pm
sofasurfer

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Originally Posted by wh6cto
Based on your comment, is Mrs Sofasurfer XX*G (Star Alliance Gold)? If so, AC's baggage policy allows 3 pieces up to 62in/50lbs. (XX*S is only one bag.) Can you can consolidate and have her check in all your bags?
Mrs Sofasurfer is United Premier Silver (if PS isnt the correct acronym round these parts, I apologise - not a regular on this particular forum)
So she's UA*S - each of us now have split PNRs, though. We'll see.

As for your check-in location, it should be at the operating carrier's counter. Last time I was at YYZ, I had to check in at AC (on a UA codeshare operated by AC), and it should be the same for you.
OK - so we're at the mercy of the AC agents. Unless I'm pleasantly surprised, I'll make sure we get a receipt and take it from there

For insurance purposes you can email [email protected] to get proof of travel delay. (I also generally outline what I want it to say.) More detail here, under "Notification of delays and Cancellations". BTW, you will likely need to wait until after the flight to make the request.
Excellent - thanks for this! Will look at this properly once we're at our final destination and settled in.

Also keep a copy of your boarding pass, which shows your INVOL status.
Scanning everything now before I go to bed

One additional reminder...YYZ does pre-clearance (US immigration) before your flight. Followed by the Canadian version of TSA...with no Pre-Check, of course. So be sure to allow ample time for these bottlenecks.
We've all got NEXUS, and so can at least get through pre-clearance without much delay. I *think* there's some kind of priority line for the TSA stuff that NEXUS allows us to use (I know there is for domestic at YYZ)

Good luck!
Thanks - I just want to be able to start unwinding with the family...!