FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA EMV cards: Availability, Q&A (Chip & PIN -or- Chip & Signature) [2012-2015]
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:39 pm
uds0

Programs: Delta + United Airmiles
Originally Posted by uds0
Ok, I recently got a replacement for my CSP (haven't used) and I just noticed it's CMV list may have changed to now include PIN support:

Chase Ink Business Plus (and prior Chase Sapphire Preferred)
Visa 1 ONline PIN - unattended cash Fail cardholder verification if this CVM is unsuccessful
2 Signature (paper) Apply succeeding CV rule if this rule is unsuccessful
3 No CVM Required Fail cardholder verification if this CVM is unsuccessful

Chase Sapphire Preferred (received mid January 2015)
Visa 1 ONline PIN - unattended cash Apply succeeding CV rule if this rule is unsuccessful
2 Signature (paper) Fail cardholder verification if this CVM is unsuccessful
3 ONline PIN Apply succeeding CV rule if this rule is unsuccessful
4 OFFline (ICC verified) PIN Apply succeeding CV rule if this rule is unsuccessful
5 OFFline (ICC verified) Plaintext PIN Apply succeeding CV rule if this rule is unsuccessful
6 No CVM Required - Always Fail cardholder verification if this CVM is unsuccessful

Since I sent the CSP cards back because they're, being metal, tough to destroy (closed account due to AF charge and 2nd fraud issue despite very low usage), can someone PLEASE verify that this updated CVM list is correct.

Perhaps the reps either have not been informed or they can't tell whether a customer has the new PIN version and thus are being conservative?

I just called Chase Business Plus rep and she repeatedly stressed that NO Chase card has PIN support beyond ATM cash advance and has no info on when that support might be added. Perhaps their software has the PIN support turned off and the pin is not set on the card? I got the strong impression that their software design is screwed up by having a pin always trigger cash advance treatment in their software and they are now trying to sort that out.

3/5/15 UPDATE: Since this has exactly the same CVM as my Barclay Arrival+, I may have had a technical (or fat finger) issue with my card reader that the Barclay Arrival+ data was displayed because the data wasn't refreshed when I replaced the Barclaycard Arrival+ card with the CSP card in the reader and pressed the buttons to reread the CSP card. PLEASE, anyone with a very recent Arrival+ report their CVM list. Sorry for the possible goof up on my part.
Wanted to assure that this info is visible as of today since I just noticed that the 2 cards had exactly the same CVM list in my spreadsheet.