FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA EMV cards: Availability, Q&A (Chip & PIN -or- Chip & Signature) [2012-2015]
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:14 pm
t325

Originally Posted by upnorth
I am happy it is not cap1. They are a former subprime lender with a very poor ability to price risk. Consequently they give Low credit limits to even high income customers. Cap1 and Costco customers cannot be a good combination. Sams Club is with Master card. So Visa must have pushed hard. Citi of course is redeeming itself and needs to expand quickly after the mortgages up. But Citi is not an ethical company. At one point in time, it lost all banking licenses in Japan. Unlike the US where tap on the wrist for big businesses is ok, it does not work outside like that.

[QUOTE=joshwex90;24445092]Looks like I was right that it wouldn't be CapOne, and decent chance it would be Visa.

But I presume that means that the card will be C&S only, and I wonder if they disable the ability of using PIN at all of C&P cards
[/QUOTE]

My highest limit card is my CapOne Quicksilver. Highest by a long shot - $10,000 higher than my next highest card. FICO in the upper 700s.

No idea why they gave me such a high limit, but it's the only card I have that I could purchase a mid-sized sedan with if I wanted to.