FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA EMV cards: Availability, Q&A (Chip & PIN -or- Chip & Signature) [2012-2015]
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:02 am
RedLight2015

Programs: Skymiles
Originally Posted by AllieKat
I agree, most large chains will be complaint. I started my quote at McDonald's because it is worth noting, McDonald's will be compliant. They are an EMV Migration Forum member, and one of their people is part of the steering committee. They've done this migration in other countries, and while they haven't said anything, enough is in her job description I think it's safe to assume they have a plan.

Wendy's, on the other hand, removed their chip-capable (not enabled) terminals here and went to a common POS system, and Wendy's has said they are NOT upgrading to EMV compliant systems. Granted, that was a few years ago, but I think it is pretty safe to say Wendy's will NOT upgrade.
This is just one of many reasons I don't eat at Wendy's. Hair in my chili, managers refusing to give me back my money after finding a black hair in my food, etc. Now being an MCX member, and refusing EMV, Its just icing on the cake for me, to never ever go there again.

Let's also not forget that God awful slogan, "it's waaay better than fast food, it's Wendy's"....what an ear worm that was! Also they can't seem to keep a slogan for more than five minutes. At least Walmart, Target, and McDonalds had their slogans for many years now.

Totally OT, but I dispise Wendy's, and lack of EMV plans, just confirmed it more.