FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oversold flight - any luck getting SDC before 24h mark?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:44 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
The reason I thought this was an option is because of previous posts like this one (post 817) where DL has not only offered to move people to other flights days/weeks in advance due to being overbooked, but offered compensation to take the move. I'm not asking for or even wanting compensation, just thought in return for helping DL alleviate their overbooking they could move me to an earlier flight ahead of the 24-hour mark to a flight that currently has tons of seats open.

For what it's worth this is F ticket, so all I need is any other flight with an open premium cabin seat.
If you're not looking for compensation and have a FC ticket, I don't see the big deal about waiting until T-24 to SDC. This is still lots of time in advance so that you can make plans, especially given that you know that your odds of the SDC working are excellent.

DL doesn't normally give VDB compensation until it verifies that flight is actually oversold.

The stories of people being paid in advance to accept other flights were situations where the aircraft was down gauged or something similar happened to cause the flight to be overbooked by a huge number. In this case, the software would have predicted a big oversell, not a flight exactly filled to capacity.