FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HBO fares - Have to pay to select seat in advance [free for GCH/SCH/BCHs @ 14 Jun 17]
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:34 pm
stifle
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
I think RFS would be next in line for some kind of BA enhancement, as they're looking dangerously like good value.
I would be afraid of that too. Even thought they've already enhanced it quite a bit with two hikes to the flat fee, killing SH domestic add-ons, and removing IB.
Originally Posted by Calum
Nothing wrong with Chavwick you say? It's a windowless hell. Add some windows and yes, it could be lovely.
I actually like the North terminal. Plenty of windows in the lounges. And the layout of security and the shops are way less annoying than the south terminal. Good thing BA doesn't use that one... oh, hang on...
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
One other consequence of this that's just occurred to me is that there will now be a LOT of pax requesting manual changes at check-in counters and in the lounges. Do you think the policy will be a straight up 'no changes if you're on HBO' or will staff be willing to do this? If so, they are going to have a lot more work on their hands...
My prediction? People will look for a seat change but won't get one because all the seats will have been preassigned at T-24.
Originally Posted by paulwuk
A standard fare is one advertised in the GDS. Are HbO fares advertised in the GDS? Do they show up when looking at prices on ita? Or are they special fares you only book through ba?
HBO fares are in the GDS if you use a special account code.
Originally Posted by gordon0808
Free check in...? wow..
Ruinair charges £70 to check in at the airport although it has cut that to £45 with effect soon. It also reduced the fee for reprinting your boarding pass to £15 or so.
Originally Posted by SCSA
Are they taking away lounge access on HBO as well???
Don't give them ideas.
they don't seem the least bit interested in serving that market otherwise. You can tell in the significant difference in service and offer compared to LH. You can also tell by the fact that they opup to CE so infrequently.
No, they op-up to CE so infrequently because they can move the curtain forwards. It's even easier now they don't have to widen the seats
- Have never understood why airlines don't paint lines in the lockers and mark spaces inside with big letters "18A" "18B". Sure some would abuse, but people would at least get the feeling that they have an assigned space they should stick to.
Because there isn't enough space for everyone to fit in something larger than a copy of the Daily Mail.