FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: The Future of Barclays Aviator Cards and AAdvantage Miles (consolidated)
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:49 am
Joe1690

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Originally Posted by jollyman89
I sent a secure message to Barclays in regards to my US Airways card asking what will happen after the programs merge and requesting that I be issued the Aviator Silver card since I want to earn EQMs through spend!

I received a response back, and didn't get a straight answer as to which card I would be receiving. But was told that there would be 4 different variations of the card. Which I have yet to see posted anywhere online. I only have heard of the AAdvantage Aviator Silver and the AAdvantage Aviator Red.

The rep mentioned there would also be an AAdvantage Aviator Blue and a AAdvantage Aviator.

I don't know if this is a miss-informed agent, but thought this was worth posting.

This actually makes some sense now that Barclays has purchased the Bank of America USAirways card portfolio. When Bank of America issued the card years ago they offered 4 different cards, a USAirways Visa ($49 annual fee), USAirways Gold Visa ($69 annual fee), USAirways Platinum Visa ($90 annual fee, and USAirways Visa Signature Visa ($90.00).

So if I had to take a guess the AAdvantage Aviator card will be a no annual fee card which earns 1 AAdvantage mile per $2 of spend, the Advantage Aviator Blue will mirror the original USAirways Gold Visa card and Barclays USAirways MasterCard ($49.00 annual fee) which earns 1 mile per dollar and provides no other benefits really; the AAdvantage Aviator Red will comprise the USAirways Platinum Visa, USAirways Visa Signature Visa, and Barclays USAirways Platinum and World Elite MasterCard card portfolio ($79 and $89 annual fee); and the AAdvantage Aviator Silver will be the newly launched card and have all of the perks as previously mentioned in other threads.