FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CITI Prestige changes effective 10-18-14
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:55 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by themicah
If it takes you an extra minute to complete every in-person purchase you make, that time can certainly add up. Of course one solution is to just not use it as your everyday card. But it would be very nice if Citi would make a more traditional card design available for those of us who want to use it as our everyday card but don't want to have a conversation with every single cashier we encounter about how stupidly our credit card is physically designed.
This card has actually gone from my everyday card to one I use only occasionally... mostly for purchases over the internet (including airfare) and at hotels where I can instruct the front desk how to swipe the card.

I do wish Citi could generate a plain, backup card for us with the same account number. (Like how Chase can issue a plastic duplicate card for the Palladian Card.)

I was originally hoping this would become a non-issue come October with the EMV liability shift, but last I read, Visa is only expecting that 50-60% of the terminals in the US will be EMV capable at that point. I have a feeling that the majority of the EMV capable terminals will be at large chain stores where we already swipe the cards ourselves... and that small businesses (i.e. restaurants) will be slow to adapt.