FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:23 am
mh1361

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by rdny7955
I agree, but I wasn't aware that people were actually re-selling the gas in any noticeable volume. I think if they did that is really abusing a deal past the point of reasonability. first, I don't even think it is legal to re-sell gas, it's also very inconvenient and potentially dangerous. I would personally feel very uneasy selling people I know gas (it looks and is weird), and I wouldn't want to be selling strangers gasoline from my house. Basically theses deals balance profit with effort, and whoever is re-selling gas from this deal is not accurately valuing their time and efforts. It is also fairly obvious that if anything is going to kill this deal it would be the widespread awareness that this ridiculous activity is going on.
Coworker 1: "Hey coworker #2, I have too many gas points that I won't be able to use. How about you pay me $10/$15/$20 and use my giant card to fill up on your lunch break?"
Coworker 2: "Sure, sounds good. Thanks."

Haven't done it myself but doesn't sound inconvenient, dangerous, weird, or a poor value of time.