FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here
Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:29 pm
ikaliam

Programs: A3*G
Thank you for creating this thread! I have been lurking here for a while, reading posts and getting information but didn't dare ask a question
Since you were nice enough to give newbies a safe place though, here is my question, after I give some information:
I had obtained A3*G status before the airline changed their program so I was automatically transferred as a gold member under the new rules too. I decided I was going to go for the 12K miles + 4 Aegean/Olympic flights to maintain my status for an additional year (so, for 2016) and I have until Nov 24 2015 to do so. I only have 3.5K to go until I reach that goal and with an upcoming trip from North America to Europe in May I will have reached the 12K in the spring. My question is, what happens with the miles I collect when flying between May (when I reach the renewal quota for 2016) and November 24th? Do the additional miles count towards my renewal for 2017?

Obviously this is my optimistic take on this, I'd hate to think that miles stop counting after reaching the renewal quota and then start counting again after November 24th

Thanks to anyone taking the time to answer!