FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LUS: USDM oneworld Award Bookings - (Closed to new bookings) [Master FAQ and Help]
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:39 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by apple1122
Got it!

I think I'll make Amsterdam as my stopover (since I'm planning to visit there again!), I wanted to use Germany as my stopover because I'd like to visit its airport (lol), but if it will incur high fuel tax, then Amsterdam works...any idea how is the international airport in Dublin (lounge & duty fee shopping) compares to AMS? I flew out from AMS back to US in 2009 and thought AMS was just ok, not sure if things has changed much since...

If using AMS as my stopover, what route/connection do you suggest to take leaving SEA? Do I still have to connect via ORD/DFW? or is there a direct flight leaving SEA? and what airline/aircraft is good for first class (biz class works, if none if available)

And from AMS to TPE/ICN, which airline do you recommend?

Thanks!
I would suggest you spend some time using sbm12's list of oneworld longhaul North Atlantic routes...

http://blog.wandr.me/long-haul-route...lantic-routes/

I think doing that and looking for F trip reports on the major OW airlines in the FlyerTalk TR forum will give you good ideas for what to do. Keep in mind longhaul trips on BA will incur major fuel surcharges. You only have two choices for F TATL: AA and BA.

Keep in mind that there is no OW airline hubbed in SEA, AMS, TPE or ICN (they are all SkyTeam or *A hubs, in some cases both). So there won't be longhaul nonstops going SEA-AMS or AMS-TPE/ICN if you travel from those cities, you'll be connecting through OW hubs like JFK, LHR, DOH and HKG.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Feb 25, 2015 at 3:47 pm