FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Off to ICN next month with BA - a few questions
Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:28 am
KenF

Programs: BA-Gld, BD Lifetime Gld, LH Pleb, *Wd GPG, HH-Dmd, Amex: can take their Cent card and <CENSORED>
Originally Posted by KARFA
Domestic connections when conencting on to a longhaul reward flight are unchanged. It is only domestic connections to shorthaul which will be charged for beyond the 28 April. Domestic connections added to lonhaul reward flights were never free btw, they didn't cost any more avios to add on but there was a cash amount to pay due to carrier surcharge (around £30-50 per domestic flight added).
<GRIN>
I knew as I was typing that comment that someone would point out the factual incongruity!
</GRIN>

The fact remains though that as a non-London based traveller, with a native airline that has taken a commercial decision to remove all international flights from the regions, the nett effect is to make shorthaul redemptions nearly twice as expensive for us poor souls "oop-North".

And given that the rest of the earn/burn changes seem to say "We'd rather like you to earn miles on expensive J/F tickets, but spend them on ET/WT (or CE, at a pinch) redemptions" removing the domestic connectors is just another subtle hint that if you don't live near LHR/LGW, they'd really rather not believe you exist!

...."London Airways" at it's best....

I've a strong suspicion that AA may well be seeing a lot of new EXPs based in the UK in the next year or so....

Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
This legendary thread should tell you everything you need to know about ICN..
...but do I have to do the dance???

Ken.

Willard the Bear - I liked SWISS, they used to give me a fluffy Jumbo Jet every time I flew....

Last edited by KenF; Feb 24, 2015 at 3:31 am Reason: Add a relpy, why do 2 posts when one will do?