FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same Day Confirmed Change (SDC)
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 15, 9:29 pm
tulaneksig

Programs: Former DL PM that converted to AS MVPG when we moved to SEA
AS SDC and cancel help for 75k or MVP

Originally Posted by djibouti View Post
Closing the loop: plan went great and I changed us to the preferred flight at 10PM the night before. I wasn't able to add us to the upgrade list via the Android app after the flight change but did it via the full website then checked in again... which Alaska seems to let you do... and then we appeared on the upgrade list in the app for the new flight.
I have a similar situation coming up. MVPG 75K flying solo. Booked a 6am flight on Saturday and a 6am flight on Sunday for a return to SEA. Those flights were both about $100. I want to fly the Saturday 5PM flight but not for the $250 listed. I am planning to SDC at 10pm Fri to get on the 5pm on Saturday....or any afternoon flight on Sat. (and cancelling the Sunday flight to use the credit later).

I can't make the Sat 6am flight so if I can't SDC or standby I would like to cancel the Sat. ticket and use the, already booked, Sunday ticket.

Does this seem like a good plan? If I can't get the SDC booked at 10pm the night before, can I still miss the flight and standby the rest of the day? And if i don't get the standby can I still cancel the Sat. ticket for credit back and take the Sunday flight?

I have another trip doing the same thing but this time with my wife who is MVP. Can I still cancel a ticket for both of us and get the full credit without a change fee for her? (I read earlier on this post about the possible "work around" but I'm curious about the official AS rule that applies to a 75k and MVP cancelling a ticket and using the credit later).

Thanks in adcance for the advice. I'm a newly converted AS 75k from DL Plat and I'm so happy to be with the best airline now...and really happy I moved to SEA from CHI.