FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2016 European Vacation for 6
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:05 am
FTwatcher

Originally Posted by JDiver
I would really, really recommend the American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation forum, and specifically this thread (established to help members with questions such as yours):

The wikipost (top of every rendered page) explains some things, such as what you can book via aa.com, what you must call in for, which other oneworld airlines websites you can use to search for non-aa.com viewable awards, etc. Like this:

There are other, non-oneworld mileage redemption airlines, such as Hawaiian, Air Tahiti Nui, etc.

I'd strongly recommend taking the plunge to the AA forum for the amount of information about awards, upgrading, SWU use, etc. etc.

Also, we'll need more details, such as point of departure - that can make a difference. E.g. AA partner TN / Air Tahiti Nui often has award seats nonstop LAX-CDG, not so useful if you live in Philly, but good for SoCal denizens.
I wasn't sure which forum would be most appropriate, so I started out in the Information one. It can be moved to the AA forum, if that works much better.

Point of departure will be from TPA, so we'll have connecting flights through PHL, LGA, or MIA. I haven't seen any Air Tahiti departing from here, so don't think that will work for us.