FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive B/E on JFK-LAX route did not have lie flat seats as advertised thread
Old Feb 22, 2015, 1:05 pm
jdrtravel

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Not the best analogy. If you buy a Porsche and get a Camry, do you expect them to refund the Porsche price but still let you keep the Camry?

They got you to your destination, safely I might add albeit late, but apparently all you were denied was an opportunity to recline your seat all the way flat. BTW, I fly in those “cramped” F seats a lot. If you think they are bad, try flying in one of the seats behind the curtain.

Contact DL and most likely they will send you an ‘apologize for the inconvenience’ letter and add in some RDM’s. Wouldn’t be holding my breath if you think there will be a refund.
I think that OP could make a good case for a Delta credit voucher for the amount between the lowest available fare and the upgradable fare that he purchased. This plus a refund of the miles used for the upgrade. While OP did fly in first class, OP might not have spent money and miles for a domestic first class experience (though many still would have on a transcon).