FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive B/E on JFK-LAX route did not have lie flat seats as advertised thread
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:32 am
clr4t8koff
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bidavis01
I was just on a trip from LAX - JFK returning from LAX - JFK last night. I paid $ (to get to upgradeable fare) + miles to upgrade to lie flat BE seats each way. In doing this I actually had to change flights I took to change to flights where I could get an upgradeable seat to BE. I planned my entire trip around being able to sleep on the plane and get right to work when arrived in NYC and when I got back to LA. The flight out to JFK was great. On the return I kept checking my seat assignment each day (I am neurotic and just enjoyed seeing my seat in the BE cabin on the seating map). The morning of my flight yesterday, I noticed that the cabin layout changed without any notice or email. Instead of 1 + 2 + 1, it was now 2 + 2 + 2. It still said lie flat beds on the seating map, but I wanted to double check so I called Delta. They confirmed that there were stil lie flat beds on this flight. I showed up to the airport and spent the afternoon in the SkyClub waiting for my flight. There was a 2 hour delay at the airport, and then we finally boarded. When we boarded I was in shock to find out that it was an old plane with cramped first class seats and NO business elite. I immediately asked the flight attendants what happened and they had no answer. I ran back out to the gate agent and asked him. He rudely told me to deal with it and call delta in the morning.

How should I be compensated for this? I spent a considerable amount of $ + miles to get a BE lie flat seat. I planned my entire trip and work schedule around these flights. I almost feel like a refund isn't enough for the added inconvenience here. Sould I ask for a GUC or SUC?

The best part was this: once on the plane, we spent over 3 hours stuck on the Tarmac waiting to be de-iced, and I found out (from the nice girl next to me) that they put 6 stand bys who paid for economy seats and were NOT medallion members into first class (which I had paid BE prices for!).

What should I do! Please help!
Unfortunately, it seems this is happening more frequently. This post from a flyer a few weeks ago talks about the same situation. Was this the same flight you were on?

OP, be ready for the DL fanboys to start attacking you that s&*t happens and to deal with it. That even though you paid more money and spent miles you're owed nothing. They'll no doubt be adding their insight soon.

Originally Posted by JBa
That link discusses all flights to LAX, SFO and SEA from JFK being lie-flat by summer. This link is the one you'll want to reference that states as of July 1st, 2014 all JFK-LAX is lie-flat.

Originally Posted by landeej
See - here's the caveat. In that press release, it states "by Summer 2015".

On the other hand, the new billboard which has gone up outside the Midtown Tunnel in NYC (Eastbound) clearly states lie-flat beds on *every* NYC-LAX flight. Will try to get a snap of it tomorrow if traffic is as slow as I expect it to be.
Link in post above to confirm all JFK-LAX vv has been advertised as all lie flat since July 2014.