Old Feb 20, 15, 8:33 pm
Christefan

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: DM 3.5MM, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
M&M going to length to deny status due to system error

In 2013, I re-qualified for SEN by flying 109607 status miles. Most of my tickets had been purchased via the UA website using LH metal. In March 2014 I received a letter from M&M that 13244 miles were reversed because they had posted to my UA account. I looked up the boarding passes for the flights in question which all showed my SEN number as the account to be credited. When questioning M&M on why they had credited my UA account even though I had requested the miles to go to LH, they just responded with a standard letter about....I shouldn't have booked thru UA and it's my fault that the miles went to UA. M&M was (and is) unwilling to fix the problem that was caused by their system. Even offers to try to get the miles back from UA or to come to any other kind of resolution has been answered by the typically German arrogance of "we don't make mistakes".

So even if you keep your boarding passes for proof of mileage credit, M&M doesn't care. Customer Service at it's finest. One more customer lost which seems to happen quite often these days.