FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]
Old Feb 20, 2015, 12:28 pm
lost*in*cyberspace

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by jm2cc
I am very frustrated. I booked my flight very early so I could choose my seats. Booked my flight from IAH to ORD with 1 hr 52 connect to CDG.
Booked flight early Nov. Reserved seats in E+ on 767-300 in 23 A &B.

Looked at my itinerary and UA chgd flight times and my connect is now only 40 min ORD to CDG. I do not want to risk missing my connection, so called and had UA book me on another flight. Now flight is IAH to IAD with 1 hr 32 connect to CDG. BUT can not get E+ on the aisle 2 seats and am now in the center 3 seat row. And to add insult to injury, I have to pay for upgrade to E+ again and will get refunded the original upgrade fee when I return from flight?

So my question is: Is there any way to be notified if 2 aisle seats become available on this flight other that looking every day?

Also, frustrated that UA does not notify me when changes are made to original itinerary, I discovered by going online to view my flight!

Thanks for any help or guidance.

Flight is for mid - May.
Unfortunately, you need to check your flights yourself; UA usually doesn't notify you of flight changes. Yes, it is frustrating, especially when there is an equipment swap and you lose your seats. You'll just have to keep checking for the seats you want to open up.

Do you currently have assigned seats in E+? If so, you won't get a refund. If the seats you want open up, call UA; they should be able to deal with the E+ charge.