FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton DFW Airport hotel and rogue Plat internet policy
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:11 am
eightmillionmiler

Programs: aa exp and ck, spg plat, hz pc, dl life gld, marriott life plat, others
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Since you didn't try the conference code how do you know it wasn't the higher-speed option? For all you know it could have been higher than the paid high-speed choice
Since it is widely known that training is inconsistent and front desk clerks aren't always aware of the policies and rights, I can't just trust that what is told me is the right thing for me. If execution were very consistent and hotel staff always aware of the program details, with good faith attempts to deliver it, I wouldn't have questioned the conference code sticker.

Stickers on key jackets are iffy - how many times have you had the sticker that you've been upgraded when the room is indistinguishable from what you reserved (or in rare cases a major downgrade)? This experience is why I don't just trust that the sticker or the statement at checkin to be correct.

I do like SPG and have a overwhelmingly positive experience with my stays. A small percentage of the time a property goes clearly above and beyond - appreciated by me - most times I get what I should, but sometimes I have a less happy experience.

Frankly, the times when a property or at least an employee there shortchanges me occur more frequently than the times when there is an upside. It happens enough that I don't have the trust I would want to have with the properties.

Late checkout and high speed internet are what goes wrong most often. Much less often is there a downgrade or the wrong rate on the room, so I tend to trust those are right. Not so with a property that won't allow late checkout - I have to verify whether they are really on the resorts/convention center list. High speed internet, particularly access to the premium rate, is one area where my experience leads me to doubt and verify. YMMV

As someone who does attend events in hotels, my experience with conference code speed is not as positive as yours, so I would not assume for myself that a conference room connection is going to be faster than a room connection.