FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More worrying news - Mr. Lord to leave
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2015, 1:29 am
Petrus

More worrying news - Mr. Lord to leave

There was a letter to staff recently from KW, stating that Andy Lord will be leaving before summer.

To: All colleagues

Andy Lord, who has been Director of Operations and a member of the Leadership Team since 2008, will be leaving British Airways in May.

Andy has served British Airways for more than 25 years, since joining the company as an undergraduate engineer in 1989. He has held senior positions across the airline and became Director of Operations shortly after the opening of Terminal 5. He has led the development of our operational and airport customer service performance since then.

His many achievements include management of various crisis events, the successful delivery of major programmes for the company such as the London 2012 Olympics, numerous IT system changes, the operational introduction of the Boeing 787 and Airbus A380 and the modernisation of operational technical, safety and industrial processes.

I know you will join me and the rest of the Leadership Team in thanking him for the contribution he has made to British Airways and wish him the very best for the future.

Garry Copeland will be announcing changes to the Combined Operations leadership team in the coming days.

FvDP recently and now Mr. Lord. From a customer focussed perspective this is bad news. Both of them are champions of the customer. What gives?
I had the pleasure of getting to know Mr. Lord on a delivery flight from Everett three years ago (CLICK for Trip Report).

Good luck in your future endeavours sir and thanks for always being available, listening to feed back and suggestions.