FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:38 am
rbAA

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
IC Wuxi (again)

IC Wuxi

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, as always, though one little issue-breakfast at the iCafe vs Club Lounge which was resolved easily.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked King Jr Suite, got King 1 Bed IC Club Suite with club access.

How are the rooms?
125 sq m, so very large, well maintained suite. Comfortable bed. Spacious bathroom with huge tub (my wife asked if I could teach her how to swim in that,) guest bathroom. Separate living room. Both rooms have large flat screen TV's and plenty of additional seating.

How is the exec. lounge?
Great, as usual. Fabulous food though they didn't have any good Scotch.
Fabulous staff

What was good and what was bad?
GOOD
- Upgrade
- Staff
- Great breakfast with egg made to order, sushi, dim sum, salad bar, and just about anything you want, at the iCafe. (We never have eaten breakfast at the Club Lounge, but more on that below.)
- Huge pool
- Very fast internet and my VPN works well here.

Not so good:
-Well, we always have had breakfast included at the iCafe, but today the "captain" said it's not included, then another said it was, then the server brought a bill. Talked with the front desk staff, and first the staff member said not included, then the manager got involved and explained that they changed to Club Lounge BK only unless the rate included BK, but he made an exception based upon our previous stay pattern and RA status. So, next time may have to considered something different.

Value for CNY or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Excellent value during the less busy season before Chinese New Year, though it looks like they will get really busy tomorrow. Would return anytime.