FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard
Old Feb 18, 2015, 6:04 pm
ab_initio

Programs: DL DM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by elg26
Just a note about the Diamond Lounges..... or specifically the DL at Caesars AC.

Was there on Monday.... went there to get something to eat around noon. Very nice large lounge.... nice buffet with pasta dishes, cared turkey, caesar salad, shrimp cocktail...etc.....lots of desserts....and a full bar. Was pleased...

However, when I went there and checked in, because my TC for the year were below a certain amount (sorry forgot what that amount was), it cost me $10 COMP $ for entry. I was also told that if I brought guests it was $10 COMP $ for 1st, and $25 COMP for 2nd.

I wasn't too upset because I definitely got my moneys worth with food and drink.... but I was surprised.

This was the rule at this property, however I do not know the rules at DLs at other properties? I was in Vegas in January and stopped into the Harrahs DL....it was free entry, but then again it was much smaller and didn't offer anything close to what Caesars AC offered...

Anyone else have similar experiences at other properties?
Yes - the $10 visit fee is just an AC thing as the lounges have full spreads with meals, etc. Not an issue at any other Diamond Lounge I've been to in LV, Tahoe, etc. as the spreads are very basic (just chicken wings from 5-7 on the weekends, perhaps weekdays as well).