FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Remember when... [UA Nostalgia]?
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:21 pm
swm61230

Programs: AA(EXP)UA(1K/1MM) Marriott(PP,LifeTime Plat) Hertz(5*)
Originally Posted by zrs70
1) 1ks received paper swu vouchers in their packets. It was like opening a treasure chest!

2) we could refare tickets with a change fee? The residual would come in the mail in what looked like a new ticket. I would carefully tear out the voucher and store it. Sometimes, the vouchers were for less than a dollar. Other times, in the hundreds.

3) I would take the above vouchers and go to one of the many cto's in the LA area.

4) we could change international tickets without a fee as long as the new fare was higher.
1. Just before my time. Started to goto electronic SWU as I started 1k.

2. That was fantastic.

4. Don't remember as I never changed international travel often when I first started as a 1k.

Originally Posted by airzim
5) Remember when United gave out all this candy so you would overlook all their other shortcomings, (Summer from Hell, Ted) and underinvestment in their products

6) Remember when after giving away all these freebies, they declared bankruptcy and had the longest in aviation history. Coupled with not nearly enough improvements in re-organziation, they had to continue to doll out free candy to keep passenger for overlooking their miserable service, dated fleet, and inconsistent branding.

6) Remember when United was flying three different liveries for nearly 5 years because they couldn't get their act together.

7) Remember Ted

ahh, the good old days.
5. Was only a GM for the summer of hell.

6. And listening to all the crew think if UA went out of business would be non effective to them.

6b. Ah but it was good to know just how old the plane was you were getting on.

7. TED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8) remember when it was a SWU and UA treated its value in the thousands

9) remember 500 mile upgrades and the regionals that got issued every quarter

10) remember when agents could actually force changes ignore fees and do anything with Apollo.

11) remember the recliner business seat

12) remember the semi retired 747 brought out of moth balls for summer flights and doing hub->hub flights

13) remember having FC to Asia from lax

14) remember when SDC only required an available seat and not fare

15) remember how most everybody hated Tilton and wanted a change up top

Last edited by swm61230; Feb 18, 2015 at 12:31 pm