FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The IRROPS saga of UA154 (Island Hopper) of Friday the 13th
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:46 am
eng3

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I don't remember pulling down the shades, but there were armed guards walking around outside of the aircraft.
Just because they had big guns, it doesnt mean they actually had bullets. I've encountered that many times. But I guess you don't want to find out.

Originally Posted by aoumd
2. PACK SOME SNACKS AND ESSENTIALS FOR THE FLIGHT.
4. PACK A SMALL, REFILLABLE WATER BOTTLE THAT FITS IN YOUR SEAT
6. SELECT A WINDOW SEAT TOWARDS THE REAR A DAY OR TWO BEFORE DEPARTURE. ... The front 10 rows of Economy tend to be "reserved seating" for groups or corporate/government blocks of seats and are unavailable to individual travelers.
2. I take it that the food the provide you is not sufficient.
4. They don't even provide enough water?
6. So there is no e+ available? If I did the flight, I'd prob try to sit in F, although a GPU seems like a waste without lie-flat seating.

Originally Posted by aoumd
Thanks for the info. I'm a kettle so no elite card, but it looks like I wouldn't be able to get ORC anyway.
GUM-NRT-IAD is about 2000mi less than your original GUM-HKG-EWR-DCA. so they should give you that. Plus they should give you the mi for the island hopper route and not the direct gum-hnl route (extra 500mi or so)

So if you got less than 19563mi total, you should contact MP to get the rest.

Make sure to mention they were all "involuntary" changes

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 18, 2015 at 9:09 pm Reason: 3x merge