Old Feb 18, 15, 8:19 am
rwoman
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, AA Plat
Smile Update - Feb. 18, 2015 - 661.26 / 838.74 to go!

Hi All!

Can you believe March will be here sooner rather than later?!

In the month or so since my last update, things have been crazy...of course, when is life NOT crazy!?

Beginning in November, we'd planned an angel trip for a terminally ill family friend of someone I know. I wide variety of people put in to help Dondie and her husband see NYC and, most importantly, the Today Show (she watched it faitfully for 31 years) over MLK weekend in January. As my friend could not make the trip from HNL to NYC, I agreed to go. Unfortunately, we lost Dondie to cancer on Christmas Day. However, we had the privilege to take her photo with us in NYC:

At the Top of the Rock:

Times Square:

As January came to a close and we entered February, my first race of the year was a 10k in London benefiting Cancer Research. It was beautiful but COLD that day!

This past weekend, a friend who returned to the USA from the UK last summer, my cousin and I completed the Austin Half Marathon. It was about 20F warmer than I'm used to, which was tough!

Before heading to the start:

My cousin and I stayed together through the race. Just past 9 miles, we came across someone who needed help. We were able to help her tough out that last 4 miles despite some aches and pains!

Just after the full/half course split:

As I write this, I have about 9.5 weeks to go until London.

Just want to express my sincere thanks to my supporters!!