FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice with TG F>C swaps on MP Award
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:27 am
AlexMC

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
I saw myself in very similar situation recently. I'll be in Kyoto in mid-April flying to HKG and I wanted to fly some in intra-Asia F and try more of TG ground experience (in fact, in 2013, I flew TG 380 HKG BKK in F, but connecting to Bangkok Airways to REP, meaning no FCL access, and TG C BKK FRA, obviously no FCL again).

I was more than happy with a Lifemiles ticket on 747s TG F HND BKK HKG. I know it would be such a detour but who would complain? All of a sudden, TG changed the aircraft of HND BKK and and I was on C. If you add that to the change of 747 of BKK HKG to the old version of 10F and the connecting time of 55 minutes in BKK, it all became non-sense.

I was fortunate enough to find availability then in the "new" NRT SIN in F with NH and in Suites on SQ 380 in the following morning SIN HKG.

In end, I gave up on TG because I'm worried that they change even the 747 on BKK HKG route. I loved TG and their services but there are to much of instability from them to rely on anything. I'll get my Rimowa from Ana and that's ok to me!