FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:48 am
chicagoal

This seems like a pretty dead topic/thread but just in case...

I only found the portal in November of last year, and as I was looking for luggage immediately joined, clicked through and bought two bags from eBags.com. About a $200 purchase, 5x miles IIRC, so pretty sweet.

Early this month (Feb) I noticed the miles had never posted, so I wrote in. I got a reply back a few days later from 'Hermes,' who said he could see that I made the purchase through the portal, but I needed to send in my order confirmation. What I had was an email from eBags, so I sent that in.

Two weeks later, nothing, so I wrote again, and heard, again from 'Hermes,' that he could see the purchase was more than 30 days ago (obviously!) and he would have to be in touch with the merchant, and I should expect the miles to post in 8-10 weeks. This completely contradicts what I'd been told earlier.

I suspect they are doing nothing, that they hope in 8-10 weeks I'll have forgotten about the whole thing. In the meantime I have made another purchase through the portal, from Lowe's, but I don't really expect to see much there.

BTW the screenname 'Hermes' is a wry joke as their service is anything but speedy.

Do people really find that the portal works reliably?