FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - App F waitlists exclude the traveler?
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:18 pm
amunter

Programs: AS MVPG 75K (Pure AS)
Originally Posted by Kieron
There's a display quirk I've run into several times when I've been upgraded after I've checked in: my seat assignment will change to "see agent", and the phone waitlist will move me to the bottom of the list. The gate agent always has to call it in to release the actual seat for me, though half the time they've already done so before I reach the podium and already have a new boarding pass waiting for me. Is that the sort of scenario you saw?
I hoped it was a display quirk, and my experience on SEA-DCA on the morning of Feb 14 might bear that out, too.

That trip was my wife and I together (both 75k), and at T-24 of scheduled departure, we were #s 1 & 2. At T-4, we were #s 2 & 3, behind Phi/V. Checking again at T-1, we were at #s 1/2 again with Phi/V dropped down to around #12.

The flight was delayed a few times for an hour each time, and after a couple of the delays, I asked the gate agent if we might be able to get F seats due to reaccommodations, and ... she upgraded Phi/V first, then us, and we were in that order on the "already upgraded" screen at the gate.

So that seems to point toward a display issue in that case. Although not being on the list at all (per the post upthread) on the ORD-PDX segment seems less display-ish to me.

Although I always want a F upgrade, I'm also a believer in the "want F, buy F" school of thought. So I raise these experiences not because I'm necessarily concerned about these specifics, but rather if there's a more systemic issue. It sounds, from others' comments in the thread, that this might be the case...