FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Business) Star/Skyteam: YYZ/YUL/YVR-CPT/JNB $2600ish
Old Feb 14, 2015, 8:59 pm
18sas

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I just went on Matrix and used the multi-city to force a CDG stopover, and I did find availability in Jun-Aug and the good fare including the CDG stopover. I then went on airfrance.com to input the exact itinerary that I had found on Matrix, but airfrance.com gave me a much higher fare, and it did not give me the nonstop CDG-JNB flight (instead routing me via AMS on KL).

I am afraid I am a novice with Matrix. How is it possible to book the fare found on Matrix? (I thought one finds the fare on Matrix and then contacts the airline directly to book the exact itinerary. Do I need to call AF instead of using their website?)
If you're up for the challenge, you can try this method that will allow you purchase it at delta.com.

You could also try Expedia or Orbitz too, but it's harder to force them to pick the exact flights you want.

As a last resort, you can call. This isn't an error fare, so there's no risk of them killing the deal. I would also recommend calling DL, though I think that DL handles all of AF customer service in the US anyway. They can easily ticket this. That's how I booked mine back last June. I actually called 3 separate times and cancelled and rebooked until I got the exact routing I wanted, and it even included a leg on SA. But depending on your status with DL, you may have a $35 booking fee added.