FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reservation "relocated" - does this fall under Walk Policy?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 8:41 am
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Originally Posted by pbjag
I received the following email from the Westin DFW on 2/08:

We regret to inform you that due to an unforeseen maintenance issue at our property, a section of our rooms will be placed out of operation and will be unavailable for rent on the evening of your stay, Tuesday February 10th. This situation will unfortunately place our hotel above 100% occupancy and will impede us from honoring your reservation. In this situation, we have preemptively reserved a block of rooms at a comparable hotel in which we will be relocating your reservation at no charge to you. The destination of the relocation will be at the Hyatt Regency DFW Hotel which is directly located at the Dallas-Fort Worth international airport, adjacent to terminal C. If you should have any questions please contact us anytime by phone or email which are listed in the email signature below.

My interpretation was that this would be considered a "walk". When I arrived at the Hyatt, they only needed my credit card for incidentals.

I was therefore very surprised today to see a $298 charge from the Westin DFW has posted to my credit card. I was not expecting to be charged for the room and this amount is about $70 higher than my room rate and tax at the Westin would have been. Did I misinterpret the email which stated "we will be relocating your reservation at no charge to you"?

Just want to confirm that this should fall under the walk policy before reaching out to the property.
My interpretation would be that this is the same as a walk if you had a guaranteed reservation.