FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travelling to Hawaii. AA or United?
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2015, 8:29 pm
youyou

Travelling to Hawaii. AA or United?

Hey guys,
So i will be travelling to Hawaii from Montreal next month and had a few questions.
Hopefully someone can help me out..
My trip will be as follows.
Montreal - Nyc Stay in Nyc for the day
Nyc - LAX Stay in LA for 4 days
LAX - Either Honolulu or Maui

So both airlines are pretty much the same price.
I just really don't know which one to choose.
First of all i'm not the easiest flyer and do get a little nervous flying but that will never prevent me from flying.
I've flown AA quite a few times , mostly from Montreal to Miami.
Planes were quite old to be honest but two things i liked about AA was that i was able to upgrade at check in for like 150$ each time i flew to Miami and the planes had wifi.
Now i've never flown United.
United seems to be using 777's to and from LAX which to me seems like a much bigger and newer plane.
AA uses 757's out of LAX and 767's out of Honolulu to Dallas and then a 737 to Montreal from Dallas.

United flies a 777 out of Honolulu to LAX and a Airbus 320 from LAX to Montreal ( prefer that route as well as it's shorter then Dallas with AA )

Now if i fly into Maui AA uses the same planes and same routes whereas United flies either 752's out of LAX or 737's and 777's out of Maui to Chicago and then Montreal.

I know i've put up a lot of info so i thank you all in advance for taking the time to read this and help me out.

What airlines are more reliable?
Difference between 757,752,737,767..
How does the 777 fare in comparison to these other planes?
Anyone who's taking these routes, are these newer or older planes?
Does United have on board wifi as well?
Is wifi also offered from LAX to Hawaii?
Does United offer cheap business class upgrades like AA at the check in counter?
Which would you choose and why?

Thank you all so much!!