FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2015, 12:35 pm
MileageGoblin

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
...The interesting thing, though, is that they offered me the option of pre-ordering the cards -- I could call in and they would start the process and then suspend the transaction until I showed up....
Originally Posted by MasterCharge
This is something i have had the privilege of doing since the inception of the thread. Like mentioned up thread, the flow of volume might being helping Simon add some unexpected income.
That's interesting. The Simon purchase I made on Jan 31, the lady said the same thing. I wonder if a corporate memo about pre-ordering went out. Perhaps Simon thinks their employees will be more efficient in processing cards during down times before a purchaser arrives (as compared to me hogging the desk for 5+ minutes as 19 cards are swiped).

My question: Has anyone been able to bring their SO's CC to Simon and be able to make two transactions? I'm thinking about trying it as the process takes 45 minutes round trip from my house and my wife only volunteers to go some of the time. Perhaps if I get denied, I'll ask if I can get extra forms so my wife can sign at home.

On another note, I made a Simon purchase on 2/07 where the guy who buys $10k every day makes his purchases. The friendly CSR told me that Simon is fully aware of us MS'ers and is making money and doesn't care. Said that's why they raised the price to $3.95 but it hasn't deterred MSers anyway. He could just be making all that up, but interesting him saying so.