FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread
Old Feb 12, 2015, 8:20 am
ILovetheReds

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
For the 1,000 night requirement is that 1,000 total nights since being an HH member or just since achieving gold?

And for the 10 years of diamond will credit card status count or just earned status?

I have over 1,000 night including the years I was gold and have been a diamond for seven.

Dual HH and Hyatt diamond. Seeing how stingy Hilton is with the highest speed wifi and giving late checkouts, I am trying to move any stays I can over to SPG when possible from Hilton since I get decent internet speeds and a guaranteed 4 p.m. checkout so won't qualify this year on nights for Hilton diamond but can easily put $40,000 on a credit card to maintain the status.

It would be worth it for me to put the $40,000 a year over the next three years on a credit card if it means lifetime diamond status, but I am not sure if those three years will count towards the ten year requirement or not.