FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfer Membership Rewards points to which airline or hotel program? (2015 - 2021)
Old Feb 12, 2015, 3:03 am
dagaetch

Originally Posted by bgriff
That is going to be hard at this short of notice and in peak summer travel season. I would suggest signing up for an Aeroplan account and see what you can find, it looks like you may be able to make something work via the Brussels Airlines BRU-IAD flight. VIE is probably a better departure point than BUD. If you link your Aeroplan account to your Membership Rewards account, transfers will be instantaneous once you find an option you like.

You can also book an award one way with Aeroplan and the other way with BA if you can't find something for both directions on the same alliance.
Oh, sorry if I wasn't clear. They're already set for getting TO Europe, that's been booked for a bit now. It's just getting home that needs to be done. Good advice on the Aeroplan stuff, I will look into it.

Originally Posted by KenJohn
Unless it is all on one booking, BA will not inter-line checked bags with Virgin. This will require clearing UK immigration, picking the bags and rechecking them in at LHR T3.
Ah, good to know. That would definitely NOT be ideal.

Originally Posted by EricTheNerd
It looks like there's some space on the LH FRA-IAD 748i in business on June 10th, with a connection from VIE on OS earlier that morning. I think both ANA and Aeroplan have YQ on LH though (I'd love to be wrong on that!). With UA's partner award "sale", it's 115K miles total for two people and low YQ, but that might involve some kind of coupon connection style deal if you don't have UA miles.
Hmm, that could work. Very early morning for my not-so-young parents but it's an option for sure. I don't know how many United miles my dad has, I'll have to ask. I think he's been getting Chase UR recently, so maybe.

Thank you all!!