FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] UA: NCL-EWR 600 DKK (mistaken fare) DOT ruled; see wiki for link
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FTR 787
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by dd1612
Respectfully disagree with your comments and views.
As someone who has to purchase Business class/ Premium Economy/ basic economy tickets from non-USA cities on a regular basis because of work travel pattern changes, I have purchased tickets from different parts of the world, including cities in Asia, ME, Africa and Europe.

So purchasing from Denmark or England or India or Singapore or Dubai is not unusual, at least for someone in a similar situation.
pretty sure thats not the point... the point was misrepresenting your billing address... you can buy your tix wherever you want, in whatever currency you want.... in this case, you could have chosen to display in DKK all day, but the last step where you had to enter your billing address and if you did it correctly, indicating any other country apart from denmark, the real price of these tix would've showed up. or if you looped thru paypal where you had entered a fake danish address, also equates to misrepresentation and thus fraud due to having proper knowledge of the glitch and looking to game the system.

in any case, these threads and situations are always so fun! I look forward to seeing how the DOT rules on this.

p.s. hate UA (and popcorn) with a passion! fun facts