FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] UA: NCL-EWR 600 DKK (mistaken fare) DOT ruled; see wiki for link
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:03 pm
anwar516

no no no

Originally Posted by iahphx
Actually, UA is doing a terrific job of dealing with this. You might not like the outcome, but they are moving VERY fast -- which is exactly what they should do if they're not going to honor the fare. Their reasoning makes perfect sense to me. They're pinning the blame on a third-party where, it would logically seem, most of the blame belongs.

If you read the comments in the UK newspaper stories, there's little sympathy for the folks who bought these tickets. That's not surprising given the facts here. Honestly, there would be ZERO sympathy except for the fact that most folks hate airlines (and, often, not unreasonably so). But being unhappy with the way UA has, in general, treated its customers isn't a terribly compelling argument that they should bend over backwards to help folks here who tried to exploit an obvious glitch in their reservation system.

Honestly, as long as they don't call us bad and evil people for buying these tickets, I have no problem with what they're doing.
Not this

Can't blame the third party vendor in this situation. I am not paying the 3rd party vendor.. I didn't chose to employ that 3rd party vendor.. the 3rd party vendor is not selling for $xxx amount on the stock exchange.. can't blame them here, just can't.. I'm not even saying honor the flights..if you don't want to honor it, fine, deal with the DoT & upset customers.. but cannot blame 3rd party vendor.. worst move ever. It wasn't our fault. We went to united.com. not 3rdpartyvendorscrewedup.com. Take accountability. It was your website, your name, your brand.. Own it. It's almost worse than not honoring the ticket. "I didn't do it".