FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:24 pm
HawkeyeFlyer

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Notenut
I made a few calculations after a call to the Diamond Desk, he confirmed that I have been Diamond continuously since 2001. In order to qualify for Lifetime Diamond I would have had to have about 72 paid nights- award nights don't qualify- each year, every year. That translates to having a little more than twice the minimum nights required to qualify for Diamond. I dare say that many people who hit the minimum (used to be 28,now 30 nights) start considering how they might qualify for the highest elite level at other chains. So unless the formula changes I've given up on that idea.

To add a little salt to the wound I didn't get the 100K offer either.
If I were not at LTD, I would still look at how easy it is to qualify year over year, not to mention they extend Diamond benefits all of the time for people. This LTD, even though I got it, does not matter much to me. I think it only matters to those close to retiring from business travel jobs who were hoping to keep benefits for personal travel after retiring