FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:36 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Well, I can't call next morning (Sunday), because it turns out that BofA recon is closed all weekend! (That's on the English line; I presume the Spanish line has similar hours, but I don't know if they have exactly the same hours.) Why no figured this out and added it to the Wiki before (I just did), I don't know. You're offering advice which is impossible because you are assume they're open on weekends when they in fact aren't.

So calling Monday morning after a Friday evening application is calling in the "next few hours", isn't it?
How would I know BofA Recon closed all weekend? You dont expect others to figure out the operation hours for you, do you?

I already said, WHY would you apply a card on a Friday evening? implying that there might not be recon for the weekend.

I am offering you an advice based on the possibility if the card is being approved a few hours later with a Platinum card (happened to someone in the upthread pages ago) then you are setting yourself up for a lot of trouble to get it changed to Signature.

It is up to you to figure that out what means "a few hours" and why people suggest to call when it is pending. Unless of course if you are very confident that you would get a Signature card, then you dont even need to call, just wait it out and hope you would not be approved with a Plat card with a high CL but still a Plat card therefore DISQUALIFY you for the 25K bonus. Your choice.