FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotels? for 1K irrops (WX, MX, ...)? [Consolidated Q&A 2015-forward]
Old Feb 8, 2015, 5:16 pm
cfischer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sgw2124
I would like to refute that TPAC/TATL itineraries get a hotel for 1K's for weather cancellations.

I was on UA 83 on Feb 1- arriving EWR morning of Feb 2. All flights to my final destination region were already cancelled for Feb 2 - DTW/GRR/ORD. The best they could do was put me on a flight to GRR 24 hours later.

I got nothing from the International transfer desk that rebooked me. No hotel voucher, no meal voucher, no service, no lounge access. I had to slog to a hotel that I had to pay for out of pocket, in addition to the ridiculous 18 dollar cab fare to go 1 mile - and had to wait for 3 hours to check in as they had no rooms ready yet.
send in the bill. Front line agents are almost always uneducated. This is a *A rule. *G and premium pax get hotels. Always got a check from UA; ask nicely once then take the next decent hotel and send them the bill. They will pay.

AMENITIES – UNCONTROLLABLE*
In the event of an uncontrollable delay, Star Alliance member carriers will provide amenities to Premium Customers
(First, Business and Star Alliance Gold) travelling on an Intercontinental journey including connection
to/from domestic services.
Intercontinental refers to travel between Europe, Asia, North America, South America, Australia, New Zealand
and Africa. A connection is defined as one that does not exceed 24 hours.