FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]
Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:32 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
As soon as the app stays pending more than a few hours. Why would you pick a Friday night to apply when you are using a 2bm which would need to call anyway?!

I am sure you understand the risk and hassle Brugge detailed - that should not be a news to you.

Call next morning after 9am and see if Spanish line opens. If not, call the regular line if I were you.
Well, I can't call next morning (Sunday), because it turns out that BofA recon is closed all weekend! (That's on the English line; I presume the Spanish line has similar hours, but I don't know if they have exactly the same hours.) Why no figured this out and added it to the Wiki before (I just did), I don't know. You're offering advice which is impossible because you are assume they're open on weekends when they in fact aren't.

So calling Monday morning after a Friday evening application is calling in the "next few hours", isn't it?

And I was not doing a 2BM. I got pending on my one and only application. (My plans changed last week when I got a targeted offer from Amex for EBG with 75k bonus MR with $5k spend within 3 months, which expires in late March. That means I have to delay as much spend as I can, and so won't likely go after the $100 credit on the AS card, but with that in mind, only wanted to get one AS card right now. I don't feel that the $100 credit is worth MSing, but neither do I want to pay two $75 AFs right now. I have all my int'l flights for at least the next year already booked, so AS miles are not very critical at this moment.)

I did the application Friday evening because that's when I remembered to do it (after getting approved for a Citi HH Friday morning).

I don't particularly expect problems, given that I reduced BofA CL by $14k + $14k (ie, on 2 BofA cards) recently.

I was posting here more for the public benefit (of clearing up the confusion of whether "right away" includes weekends for others too), rather than just for myself.