FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Myth of Diamond Saturation
View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2015, 6:11 pm
FlyingOutTLV

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by hailstorm
A simple calculation based on an average of 500 rooms per hotel gives us the number of Diamonds on a property at any given time to be approximately eight (37,000 people * 40 nights/ 500 rooms / 365 days in a year), or less than 2% of the total occupancy (500 rooms / 8 Diamonds).
500 is the number of hotels in the Hyatt portfolio, not rooms per hotel. Hyatt actually has closer to 550 hotels if I'm not mistaken.

37,000 Diamonds which average 40 nights per year therefore account for about 1.5 million nights. If Hyatt has about 550 hotels than, on average, you have about 7-8 Diamond members at any hotel at any given time. closer to 7 than 8. I estimate it would be more than 10, or even 15, at a random Grand Hyatt or most of the top-tier Park Hyatt - and less than 5 on a random mid-week night at the other brands.

And I'm actually surprised there are 37,000 Diamond members. Seems a bit high, especially since one can not get this status via credit cards.