FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any experience with being accused of MR account fraud?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 1:38 am
lexdevil

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Any experience with being accused of MR account fraud?

Tonight when I tried to log in to my MR account, I could not. The website insisted that my password was incorrect. When I tried the "forgot password" option I received this message:
The Account is under Audit for fraud or delinquency
All I can say is what the Hell!? I am in the middle of a stay at a RI where I have 18 rooms for two nights. I have 6 more rooms for a night at a FS location immediately following that. I am running an event at another FS location starting on Wednesday (through Friday), and I have 3 rooms for three nights at a Courtyard immediately after that. And now I can't see a single one of my reservations because I am locked out of my account.

MR is closed now, but I plan to call them at 6:00am (I have to leave the hotel at 7:00am). Do any of you have experience with this/any idea how long it will take to get sorted out?

I don't know what triggered this. It could be that I had to change the first name on my account to match my United account (in order to link my Marriott and United accounts), but I doubt it. MR made that change for me and required me to send a copy of my passport to verify it. It could be that I book lots of rooms (because I travel with groups of students), but that can't be all that unusual. I assume that Marriott likes the fact that I spend $40k+ with them each year.

I hope this is not too hard to fix. I just don't have time for it. I like Marriott. It meets our needs. I don't want to leave, but they need to make this right, pronto.